We regularly assist clients in a wide range of commercial transactions including the preparation and review of:
- business and share sale agreements
- shareholder and unitholder agreements
- management agreements
- partnership and joint venture agreements
- loan and security documents
- franchise agreements
- liquor licensing
- licensing, distribution and supply agreements
Business Sales and Acquisitions
Our firm regularly acts on behalf of clients who are either buying or selling a business. We also regularly accept referral work from some of Melbourne’s leading commercial agents and business brokers.
The decision to buy or sell a business is a major financial and legal decision. The result of incorrect advice can be costly in terms of money, stress and lost opportunities.
Our role is to advise you in relation to all relevant legal aspects of the transaction. However, this doesn’t mean we take our eye off the commercial issues. We can:
- advise you regarding the preparation and/or review of heads of agreements, contracts for sale, leases, franchise agreements, service agreements etc
- the preparation of loan and security documents (particularly with respect to vendor finance arrangements)
- advise you on how to structure a transaction to minimize your liability and to maximize your legal and commercial position
- assist you with due diligence enquiries to ensure that you are fully informed of all relevant legal risks before you enter a transaction
- prepare and arrange for the transfer of all consents, licences and agreements including the business name, franchise agreement, lease, liquor licence etc
- advise you on the assignment of any lease or occupancy licence and assist you in obtaining necessary consents and approvals from the landlord and any mortgagee
- undertake all necessary attendances in relation to settling the matter
We work with our clients and their professional advisors to assist and guide them through this process. Our role is always to add value to ensure that the best commercial and legal outcomes are achieved.
Our firm regularly advises clients in relation to a range of businesses including manufacturers, wholesalers, food distributors, hospitality and tourism businesses (including cafes, restaurants, hotels and motels), professional service firms (including real estate agencies, telecommunication businesses, bookkeepers).